Monday, July 7, 2008

I was musing today on my personal style and came to the conclusion that I had no real point of view or statement for myself. Now, everyone needs a philosophy to govern their wardrobe purchases. These statements can change continuously throughout our lives because while style might be timeless, that does not mean that it is stagnet. So, I have a philosophy that will evolve with me as my style changes throughout life.

“Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn."
--Gore Vidal

"Elegance is innate. It has nothing to do with being well dressed. Elegance is refusal. "
--Diana Vreeland

I know Gore Vidal might seem an odd choice for a style philosophy, but the quote refers to something far deeper than clothing. His words reflect on how we view ourselves as people in relation to other people.

j>

No comments: